Having a website is a sure way to keep your customers up-to-date with information about your company and products or services however, many businesses have still failed to have their websites ranking high on Google which means that few people actually get to find their content when they search the World Wide Web.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a sure way to have your website ranking high. But before we dive in, one might ask what is SEO? SEO is all about helping search engines, such as Google, to; find the information you publish on your website (web content) and to rank your website against similar websites.
Don’t fret! Here are Six sure ways you can boost your website ranking:
- Know Your Customer — The first sure way of having your website ranking high on google is to know your customer’s behaviors and what they might search for on the Internet. Understanding your customers’ search behavior will help you have an idea of which keywords to target on your web content.
- Perfect the use of Keywords on your Website — Keywords are the words or phrases a customer uses when searching the Internet. For Example: ‘Books online’ and ‘where do I buy books online’ can both be regarded as keywords. Using keywords used on your website and matching them with the words used by customers when they search for you is an important part of SEO. Add popular keywords or phrases to your website — use these words in your page titles, page content or even as the name of the image files on your page.
- Regularly Update Website Content — Having fresh and new content encourages search Engines to visit your website regularly and the more they visit your website, the easier it is for your website to rank higher. Content types that could help include but are not limited to: Information on new products, success stories, pictures and videos, among others.
- Backlinks from other Websites — When ranking your web pages, search engines look at which other websites link to or cite your page and your website as a whole. To search engines, referrals from external websites are a vote of confidence in the accuracy, relevance and usefulness of your content so, having backlinks from other websites could help you a lot.
- Add Meta Tags in Your Content — Meta tags are pieces of content in your website coding that don’t display on your web page. These tags tell search engines and browsers extra information on what your page and content is about. Search engines will sometimes also use your meta description in the search results they display.
- Update yourself with New SEO Techniques — Search engines often change how they use web content to rank websites and generate search results. To keep your site ranking well, make sure you; stay up-to-date on what search engines are placing importance on when ranking web pages; lookout for new keywords that are relevant to your products and services; stay-up-to date on new search behaviors and technologies (such as use of voice search or image search).
With the above tips, you can be sure that your website will be ranked high against your competitors on the Internet.
Need support achieving results as such, reach out to me and I shall be of help via email@example.com